|Films:|| Open Season|
Open Season 2
Open Season 3
Open Season: Scared Silly
|Games:|| Open Season: The Game|
Open Season 2: The Game
Open Season 3: The Game
|Voice:|| Idris Elba (workprint)|
Patrick Warburton (Open Season, Open Season: The Game)
Maddie Taylor (Open Season 2, Open Season 3)
Brian Drummond (Open Season: Scared Silly)
|Quote:||"Oh! I've heard of you! You're that bear who got his butt thumped by a squirrel!"|
|Fate:|| Reforms and joins the others in a rabbit fight (Open Season)|
Goes to Elliot and Giselle's wedding as the minister (Open Season 2)
Becomes the girls' coach during the trip and dances with them (Open Season 3)
Dances with everyone and the Wailing Wampus Werewolf (Open Season: Scared Silly)
Ian is a character in the Open Season franchise. He is the herd's leader and boss, one of Boog's best friends, Elliot's brother-in-law and former arch-rival, and Gisela, Giselita, and Elvis' adoptive uncle.
In Open Season
Ian is a bold Alpha mule deer. He is something of a jock and can have a sarcastic, opinionated demeanor. Ian constantly had bullied Elliot for loving Giselle (whom he also loves). Because of this, Ian kicked Elliot out of the herd and ordered him to never return.
Being the Alpha leader, he can easily intimidate the herd into submission; he had sometimes treated them like henchmen. Fed up with Ian's browbeating, the herd had desired it if someone stood up to Ian as a "tough guy", but none of them had as they were truly afraid of Ian.
Ian had a tendency to rudely call Elliot "Smelliot" and a loser (or, as Ian had called it, a "loser-er"). As well, he would joke that Elliot isn't buck enough, saying that he is "half doe, half buck", to which he claimed makes him a "duck".
However, since his reformation, he now sometimes calls Boog "Booger" and Elliot "Smelliot", though in a playful manner. He is much more thoughtful and defensive of his friends, no longer as selfish as he used to be. While he may seem tough on the outside, he is actually soft inside with a heart of gold.
Ian is a beefy mule deer. He has tan fur with a white underbelly and giant antlers.
In Open Season
- Hello, Smelliot. (Laughs) I called him Smelliot. (He and the herd laugh)
- Herd! Circle formation!
- Off the upholstery!
- Boog? What's that short for? Booger?
- You two are perfect for each other. You're a loser and you're a loser-er.
- Oh, please! Look at me! I'm too pretty to die!
- This, uh, this is awkward.
- Go for it, Smelliot.
- No can do, Booger. I got too many... responsibilities.
- The jungle tends to be denser and hotter. (McSquizzy: Deer!) What? I travel.
- Time for the maestro to work his magic.
- Is everything all right over there?
- Ian is similar to Ronno from Bambi: He, like Elliot, loves Giselle and bullied Elliot. Unlike Ronno, Ian redeemed himself and proved himself to be a good deer.
- In the workprint of Open Season, Ian was voiced by Idris Elba. As well, he was the main antagonist.